Friday, August 20, 2010

Returning Home




I was very sad (we all were) to leave Israel, knowing that our time here has come to an end. It has been a wonderful, enriching, challenging, and growing journey. My Hebrew has improved, so have my text skills, I am learning slowly, to play a new instrument, and I have relished the time with my family to play with them and see them grow and see Israel through their eyes. I’ve been able to slow down, to walk more, to take time for myself to do what makes my heart sing. But duty calls, and the school year is now upon us.

I’m making an ongoing commitment to myself to make time for my own study and growth, to set aside time each week to continue to cultivate what I have been learning, Torah lishma, for its own sake, not just to prepare to teach another class.

We arrived home very late at night, jet lagged, after a somewhat challenging journey, to find that someone had tp’ed our house in a serious way. We think it was a case of mistaken address, but it does seem strange that it was the night we came home. We are not enjoying the clean up.

In the aftermath of the summer storms here (we received pictures over email), the house looks fine, the goldfish are still alive! and the kids are starting back to school (so what’s a little jet lag the first week).

And we went out into the yard to see our apples, growing, red and round and delicious from the summer sun and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment